posted May 23, 2013, 3:51 PM by Tor Norbye
During Google I/O we released a new version of ADT 22, and Tools 22.
The release notes are here:
- Changed the structure of the SDK by adding a new build tool SDK Component, which is based on the existing platform-tools component. This change decouples the build tools versions from the IDE versions, allowing updates to the tools without requiring an IDE update.
- Updated tools to allow libraries to share the same package name as the applications that use them.
- Updated draw9patch tool to allow easier changing of markers.
- Updated build tools to sign applications using the BouncyCastle library instead of relying on Sun JVM specific APIs.
- Released some of the Android tools into Maven Central to assist third-party tool developers. The following tools are available in the repository: manifest-merger, common/sdk_common, ddmlib, dvlib, layoutlib_api,sdklib, and lint.
- Added an experimental Gradle build export feature for moving projects into the Android Studio environment or for setting up command-line builds with Gradle.