We have just released Android SDK Tools 25.3.0 to the canary channel to give developers an early look at some of our changes.
- Android SDK Platform-tools revision 24 or later.
- Android Emulator is removed from this package and moved to a different SDK directory. See the new Android Emulator Release Notes. This change is backward compatible with older studio versions.
- "android avd" command-line functionality replaced with new avdmanager tool.
- Obsolete/deprecated tools have been removed:
- ant scripts
- Project and activity templates
- Executables have been moved to bin/
- Enhanced sdkmanager
- View and accept all licenses from the command line
Improved verbose-mode package list
Please file feedback on b.android.com
for any issues you find in this update.
- February 9:
- It appears the verbose mode did not make it into this release and should come in the next update. [bug: 229373]
- Running "avdmanager --list" results in a ClassCastException [bug: 233816]