posted Jun 20, 2013, 12:43 PM by Tor Norbye
updated Jun 20, 2013, 12:45 PM
We've just released Android Studio 0.1.6.
- Lots of bug fixes. We've addressed many exceptions submitted via the crash reporter (thanks for your reports and keep coming). Some other notable fixes:
- Fixes to SDK configuration in Gradle builds.
- Fixed layout rendering where bitmaps were painted using incorrect densities
- Fixed the exception which occurred when trying to use the context menu to create new resource files
- Fixed a lint API check error which incorrectly flagged some methods as being newer than they really are
- New Activity template
- Template wizard parameter validation (so for example it now ensures that classes and resources do not clash with existing ones, except for cases where it intentionally merges, such as adding to the manifest file.)
- New lint rule checking that inline id definitions are valid
If you are already running Android Studio, just restart it, or manually check for updates via Help > Check for Update... (on OSX, look in the Android Studio menu). This will download and install a small patch rather than download a full IDE image. We are not posting full installers for each weekly update. If you do not already have Android Studio, install the latest full install from
When you run that version, it will check for updates and upgrade itself via the patch mechanism.