posted Jun 25, 2013, 10:27 AM by Tor Norbye
We've just released Android Studio 0.1.7.
It contains an important workaround for a bug introduced in 0.1.6, as well as as the following bug fixes and improvements:
- <ScrollView> and <HorizontalScrollView> tags now render their full scrolled view size, rather than just the viewport size. There is also a toggle rendering mode button in the layout actions toolbar in the layout editor.
- The render error panel now has a close button such that you can temporarily dismiss it to see the partial rendering. Furthermore, when a flag or enum attribute is set to an unknown value, it now suggests the possible values with hyperlinks to directly set them:
It also tries to make the display more compact by aggregating multiple similar errors into a single message. For example, if you have an error in your style sheet parent reference, rather than getting dozens of "missing style" warnings, you get this one:
- Color and icon previews for resources now also works for style and theme definitions (<item> tag declarations):
- Fixed several user reported exceptions in lint analysis
- Fixed bug where the presence of an unexpected file anywhere in the resource directories would prevent the layout editor from opening
- More fixes to Gradle import and SDK handling
If you are already running Android Studio, just restart it, or manually check for updates via Help > Check for Update... (on OSX, look in the Android Studio menu). This will download and install a small patch rather than download a full IDE image. We are not posting full installers for each weekly update. If you do not already have Android Studio, install the latest full install from
When you run that version, it will check for updates and upgrade itself via the patch mechanism.