posted Nov 14, 2013, 9:02 PM by Tor Norbye
updated Nov 14, 2013, 9:07 PM
We've just released Android Studio 0.3.6, which fixes several important issues in 0.3.4 and 0.3.5:
- Issue 62146: Can't open New Module wizard, IDE freezes
- Issue 61939: Recent edits are not reflected in compiled app. (Also fixed related issues 62129 and 62168).
- New Intellij EAP merge (to 132.1045: Release notes)
- Issue 60916: Studio unable to run tests of a Java module
- Issue 61488 : exclude build/res folder
- Issue 61860: File choosers in Project Structure should create relative paths
- Issue 61829: Allow Project Structure to deal with relative module names
- Issue 60729: Mark res folders as resource folders
- Issue 61769: Fix template such thatNavigationDrawer does not crash on older versions
- Other project template changes (for example, move name primary module "app" and don't always append "Project")
- New lint check which finds usages of check*Permission without consulting the return value (probably meant to use enforce*Permission)
If you are already running Android Studio, just restart it, or manually check for updates via Help > Check for Update... (on OSX, look in the Android Studio menu). This will download and install a small patch rather than download a full IDE image.
If you need to download a full install, visit the Android Studio Canary Build 0.3.6 page. Note that if you are currently running 0.2.10 or 0.2.11, on Mac OSX, you will not be able to patch update to 0.3.4; you will need to install a fresh build due to a bug in the patch updater in those versions.
If you run into problems, be sure to check the Known Issues page which we'll update as necessary.