posted Mar 20, 2014, 12:28 PM by Tor Norbye
updated Mar 20, 2014, 12:29 PM
We've just released Android Studio 0.5.2, with the following improvements:
- Bug fixes
- Updated base IDE to IntelliJ 13.1 RC2. This means we picked up the following EAP builds:
- New lint checks
- Ensures that AdapterView implementations use the View Holder pattern (to make scrolling smoother)
- Ensures that when inflating layouts, you always pass a parent context (since otherwise layout parameters on the root layout will be ignored)
- Ensures that directory paths in property files (such as local.properties) are escaped properly. Backslashes and colons in these files must be escaped, so if you simply paste in a Windows path like C:\My\Sdk, that value will not be read by the IDE and by Gradle as the path you intended.
- Ensures that resource aliases point to resources of the same type as the alias
If you are already running Android Studio, just restart it, or manually check for updates via Help > Check for Update... (on OSX, look in the Android Studio menu). This will download and install a small patch rather than download a full IDE image.
If you run into problems, be sure to check the Known Issues
page which we'll update as necessary.