posted Jun 12, 2014, 3:02 PM by Tor Norbye
We've just released Android Studio 0.6.1, with the following improvements:
- A number of important bug fixes, particularly around the Gradle support
- A revamped New Project Wizard. This work is still in progress, but should already be fully functional:
Here's another screenshot which shows the minSdkVersion dialog helping you choose which minSdkVersion to target:
- Several new lint checks:
- A security check ensuring that Cipher.getInstance() is used with safe values:
- A security check which looks for fragment injection
- A gradle build script check which looks for cases where using property assignment no longer works as expected:
- Another gradle build script which ensures that the gradle plugin version is compatible with the SDK
- Did we mention bug fixes? By the way, the bug where you ask the Update check to limit itself to one channel (for example dev), and it would continue to offer Canary updates, has been fixed -- so you can now set it to your preferred channel again.
If you are already running Android Studio, just restart it, or manually check for updates via Help > Check for Update... (on OSX, look in the Android Studio menu). This will download and install a small patch rather than download a full IDE image.
If you run into problems, be sure to check the Known Issues
page which we'll update as necessary