posted Dec 10, 2015, 1:30 PM by Tor Norbye
updated Dec 10, 2015, 6:39 PM by J. Eason
We've just pushed Android Studio 2.0 Preview 3 to the canary channel.
This build contains a large number of bug fixes, along with the following notable changes:
- A new lint check which looks at switch statements used in concert with @IntDef integers, and makes sure that all constants from the @IntDef are handled:
Note that there is a quickfix for adding the missing statements as well, so after adding an empty switch statement this is a quick way to populate the initial set of case statements:
- A new lint check which flags incorrect attempts to insert version numbers in Gradle file using String interpolation. This will automatically flag this "gotcha"
- Lint now flags anonymous classes that extend Fragment
- Two new security lint checks contributed by Michael Peck: One which looks for native code in unsafe locations (such as asset folders), and another which flags Runtime.load() and System.load() calls.
- The translation editor now supports speed search (and F2 to enter cell editing).
- We've also tweaked the Instant Run facility such that when changes can't be hotswapped, there's a confirmation dialog before restarting the app. We'll be tweaking this in the next preview build.
- Various improvements to the AVD Manager to support the new Android Emulator
You can update your current 2.0 Preview installation to Preview 3 via the built-in patch mechanism (Check for Updates).
If you run into problems, be sure to check the Known Issues
page which we'll update as necessary.