posted Oct 7, 2016, 2:00 PM by Chris Iremonger
updated Oct 10, 2016, 12:26 PM
On Oct 7th, we just released Android Studio 2.2.1 to the canary, dev, and beta channel and on Oct 10th we released to stable.
This build contains a handful of bug fixes on top of Android Studio 2.2.
- An Updated JDK to address multiple issues with MacOS Sierra
- Improves the Native (C++) Development experience by resolving multiple critical bugs
- Several Instant Run and Gradle Bug Fixes
- Multiple issues in data binding
- Improved Reporting for Instant Run Issues: Some of you have been reporting issues with Instant Run, but it has been hard for us reproduce them. We have added extra logging to help us investigate Instant Run issues. This extra logging is OFF by default, and to enable it, go to Settings or Preferences, go to Build, Execution, Deployment > Instant Run, and check Log extra info is check. Next time you encounter an Instant Run issues, you can report it by clicking Help > Report Instant Run Issue...
Thanks to everyone for their bug and crash reports, and keep them coming!