posted Jun 23, 2016, 10:58 AM by Chris Iremonger
updated Jun 23, 2016, 6:50 PM
Android Studio 2.2 Preview 4 should release June 23rd at 11:30a PDT to the canary channel.
Preview 4 resolves the largest amount of bugs in the 2.2 release to date and includes some minor new features. Please test it out and give us feedback.
Because we recommend you run our 2.2 canary builds along side the sable 2.1 builds. We introduced new icon colors now when you run a Canary, Dev, or Beta build you should see a yellow Android Studio Icon. The Stable channel will continue to display the default Green icon.
- Many bug fixes, we are working hard to address all reproducible issues. Please continue to file them.
Updated JDK for Mac
Importing VectorDrawable from Photoshop files
- Various bug fixes
- Pan & zoom panel is now a floating window accessible from the toolbar
- Strokes are now supported
- Clipping masks are now supported
- Shape operations are now supported (merge, subtract, intersect and exclude overlapping)
- Fill opacity is now supported
- XML output optimized for size
Photoshop files support
- Improved support for CMYK and Lab images
- Improved color management on OS X
- Bug Fixes
- Improved Directions.
Updated June 23rd:
- Added details on the yellow icon.
- Due to a bug in the patches we can only offer full downloads. If you patched and can't get studio to launch, please download a full update. You can follow the progress of this bug here.