The following features were new in R8 (ADT 8.0.0):
- New version number scheme following the SDK Tools revision number.
- Support for true debug build. No need to change the value of debuggable in
the Android Manifest.
Incremental build will automatically insert debuggable==true while using
the "export signed/unsigned application package" will not.
If debuggable=true is set, then release builds will actually do a debug build.
- Automatic Proguard support in release builds. Only need to have a proguard.config
property in default.properties that points to a proguard config file.
- Completely rewritten Visual Layout Editor. This is very much a work in progress.
- full drag and drop from palette to layout for all Layout classes.
- Move widgets inside a Layout view, from one Layout view to another and from one layout file to another.
- Contextual menu with enum/flag type properties.
- New zoom controls.
- New HierarchyViewer plug-in integrated in Eclipse.
- Android launch configurations don't recompile the whole workspace on launch anymore.
- android.jar source and javadoc location can now be configured.
Recent Changes >